I don't know what I was thinking. Five hours without electricity (especially in the morning) is really not a big deal. It's finally starting to get cool enough at night (lows of around 65) that the house didn't get too hot and there was enough light (even with the blinds closed to keep the heat out) that it's not like we were stumbling around in the dark. The only thing I hadn't considered was the fact that my hair dryer wouldn't work.
Anyway, in case you care, we ended up going to the library and to the park. Believe it or not, I've never taken Macy to a library. In fact, I haven't been in a library since the good ol' HBLL (BYU's library). Bookstores are so much better. Macy LOVED the library though. She was so excited when she saw rows upon rows of books (reading is her favorite thing).
After a little while we walked to the park and Macy went crazy on the slides. She's still fearless. (I'm still not.) She officially hates the baby swings with the bucket seats and will only swing on the "big kid" swings.
After the park we picked Greg up and went to McDonald's for lunch (we had a gift card). Woo hoo.
Well, that's all. Overall, a good day. (But still no nap. And a big struggle to get to bed tonight. One of these days we'll figure it out again.)
2 comments:
HBLL!! I heard there were tshirts for sale at one point. I'm so jealous it gets down to 65 there. I haven't felt anything below a humid 87 for months and months! So can I make plans to come see you in January?
You haven't been to a library since BYU? But you're the queen of books. Whats up?
Post a Comment