Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recent discoveries

1. For those of you who are also new to the military, be sure to watch your LES closely. We checked them recently and discovered that we've been paying too much for taxes. Even if you set everything up with dependents for your BAH and insurance purposes you have to change your W2 on your own. On the LES there are two boxes that say M/S (one for state taxes, one for federal taxes), then an S or an M (S= single, M= married) (too obvious?). To update your information, click on "Federal Withholding" and "State Withholding" on the myPay main menu. (You have to update them separately.) It makes a surprisingly big difference. At least we can look forward to more money on our return.

2. Macy can finally drink out of a straw! I don't have pictures, but it was pretty funny. We went out to dinner the other day and it just clicked. She doesn't quite know how to pace herself yet. She sucks a ton into her mouth until she can't contain anymore, then spits half of it out and sputters. It's quite funny.

3. I meant to post this video the other day, but forgot. It's been cool enough to venture out of the house again, so we've been visiting the park. Here she is having a blast in the swings.

3 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

That is so cute about her drinking from a straw! :)

Andrea Forsyth said...

THANK YOU! i checked our LES this morning and sure enough, he was listed as single. jonathan said we should send you guys a pineapple.

Emily said...

Greg makes a good growler. Have you experienced the never ending pasta bowl yet? I kinda did last night. Only, my parents wanted to just do take out, so I only got one bowl. Mmm, 5 cheese marinara.....I thought of you.