Saturday, August 29, 2009

We're back!

Macy and I are back from our trip to Utah. We had a great time but I think Greg would have died of a combination of boredom and sorrow if we had stayed any longer.

While we were there Macy had her first encounter with stairs. She made it up the first 4 in no time (too fast to record it) then took her sweet time with the last few.



That's all we have from while we were there because I'm a slacker and didn't take any pictures.

The day after we got back was Greg's birthday (the 23rd) and we had a few friends over for cake and ice cream. I don't know if it was too warm when we frosted it or if I'm just some sort of failure, but a chunk of the top layer started to fall off, then the whole thing split right down the middle. Both layers were pretty curved, so I'm sure that's what did it. Hopefully it's not some sort of bad omen. Anyway, here it is in its becandled glory.


When Greg's mom and dad visited us last December for Greg's commissioning they gave us a little Patriots cheerleading outfit for Macy. It was a 3-6 month outfit, but because Macy was so little it didn't fit until well after football season. We put it on her today (yes, it still fits) and I have to admit she looked pretty dang cute. I apologize to my family for letting her wear it.

3 comments:

mk said...

Greg is so not 23. Was that a joke or a typo?

Brad and Hailey said...

She is so cute in that cheerleader outfit! And your cake looks delicious, I'm jealous of any and all that got to eat some :)

Megan Wyman said...

No, no. His birthday was on the 23rd. He turned 26 this year.