Friday, September 9, 2011

Greg's Birthday

It's only been a few weeks.

I made Greg an excellent (if I do say so myself) carrot cake to take to work, then a few days later (after we recovered from the original cake) I made another so we could sing to him at home. We thought Macy would enjoy it. And she didn't disappoint.

First of all, don't you love the awesome candles? I'm such a horrible wife. We used tea lights. Emily, you said you sometimes feel like white trash? I'm right there with you. Cake #2 was chocolate with hazelnut icing. The only downside was that the hazelnut was kind of overpowered by the chocolate, so it just tasted like vanilla. But it was still good.


And now for what you really want to see. It's short because for some reason I couldn't hold the camera, sing, and carry the cake all at the same time.

1 comment:

Sister Wyman and Elder Wyman said...

Too funny! Like Greg could care less about tea-light candles when he has his own gourmet cake to dive into. I remember forgetting to buy candles and using a bizarre 16 inch taper plunked in the middle of a cake. I call this:
"Making Memories." :)