Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dance Class

Macy had her first dance class yesterday. It was pretty fun to watch. They actually take the girls into a separate room while parents sit in the lounge and watch on a TV.

She was a little nervous at first but went in by herself. She just stood there and watched in the beginning but eventually started to get a little more into it. Then they pulled the long tumbling mats out and she really got excited. She immediately galloped down the mat (galloping is her thing lately; I've tried unsuccessfully to get video). Then they did log rolls down the mat, which she was very good at and which we've since had to do at home (she says "roll! roll!" except her r's and l's are still w's).

When class was over they came to the lounge they told them to find their moms. I was kind of in a corner and she didn't see me at first. I could hear her saying "Mom? Mom?" in a very pathetic little voice. As soon as she saw me she ran to me and burst into tears and sobbed for a good five minutes. I'm still not sure why.

Sorry there are no pictures. I need to get her a leotard and ballet shoes, so we'll take pictures of that next week.

Meanwhile, here's one of my all-time favorites.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

hahaha that is the best picture of all time! Can't wait to see dance pictures, i'm sure that is so fun for you to watch!