I just got back from the dentist. It wasn't good news.
I take relatively good care of my teeth. I think the problem is that I didn't go to the dentist for something like three years, maybe four. Who can afford it without insurance? When I finally got insurance and went last summer they couldn't do much because I was pregnant.
So today they did x-rays. And they weren't pretty.
As I'm lying in the chair and the hygienist is talking about a possible root canal and probable cap or two, I was thinking that I'm definitely too young for this and feeling stupid for not taking better care of my teeth when I had braces. Then came the dentist. He said they just need fillings for now.
I can't help thinking that maybe they gave me really bad news so that I'd be grateful for the somewhat bad news. Whatever. I'll just take out a loan for my millions of fillings.
2 comments:
Yeah, I actually woke up this morning thinking I should go to the dentist. Its been about 2 years for me. I'm scared though! I worry I'll have the same problem as you. I made a goal to floss for 2 weeks and then make an appointment. Then they cant yell at me for not flossing. -Emily
I didn't ever go to the dentist in college and I had to get a few fillings when I finally went last year, it does stink. But I think the best investments I have made since then are my sonicare toothbrush and not missing a day of flossing. sonicares are the best
Post a Comment