He's here! Joshua Brian Wyman arrived on Saturday, September 25th at 11:45 p.m. He weighed 7 lbs., 14 oz. and was 21 in. long.
I can't believe he's a week old already. I've been having a hard time finding computer time and I wouldn't let Greg do the baby post again (he got to announce Macy's birth).
So here's the whole story (you can skip to the end for pictures if you'd prefer).
I woke up around 7:30 Saturday morning with mild contractions. They were about ten minutes apart, so Greg went to help some people move while I tried to get everything ready in case I really was in labor. I gave Macy a bath, packed a bag for her, cleaned and vacuumed the living room, did the dishes, and started some laundry.
Around 2:30 p.m. the contractions were about five minutes apart, so we decided to head to the hospital. After an hour of contractions every two to seven minutes they decided to send me home. They basically thought I was in false labor. The nurse was even a little condescending about it, telling me that the end of pregnancy is really uncomfortable (no, really?) and that I could have contractions like that for another two days or even two weeks. I was kind of embarrassed, very disappointed, and on the verge of tears, so I didn't argue. (Mistake #1.)
We got home around 4:30 p.m.; Greg went to get Macy (she was napping when we left the hospital), and I sent them off to the work party we were supposed to go to. (Mistake #2.) The people at the party gave Greg a hard time when he told them I was at home in labor, but he was just following orders. Meanwhile, I was stubbornly refusing to time my contractions because the nurse told me it was pointless and would just be frustrating. (Mistake #3.)
At 7:30 p.m. my water broke. Holy cow, contractions HURT after your water breaks. I called Greg, who left Macy at the party and came to rescue me. We hurried to the hospital and waited forever for the doctor. Anyway, to make a long story short, I labored for a few more hours, then after three short pushes we had a screamin' baby. He's super sweet, very rarely cries (just when we change his diaper), and looks like his sister (who loves him, so no worries there either).
And now, without further ado, pictures from our first few days together.

13 comments:
I was vocally "oooh-ing" and "ahhh-ing" over your pictures and Jason was like, "What?" and I said, "I want to have another baby!!" 1) He's PRECIOUS and 2) 3 PUSHES??? and 3) you've made me really baby hungry. Congratulations!!
ah! I only get about 2 days of internet out here and I only have a few hours left for this week, so I'm so so sooo happy I got to see this! I don't know why but I teared up a little as soon as I saw all those pictures. You are such a beautiful family and I love how much Macy loves Joshua. He's perfect, you're perfect, Love it all. Congratulations. Still going to plan to see you in january, so look out!
Awww....new babies make me wish I had a new baby too - says the woman with a seven month old who still doesn't sleep through the night (am I crazy? yes)
Congratulations!
So many congratulations. You guys have a gift for making beautiful children.
skinny baby!!
ours was born on the 22nd. 8lb 7oz. 21 inches!
congrats to you!
jonathan is making fun of me because while reading this, i exclaimed, "oh man, wyman's had a cute baby!" but seriously, he is way cute. congratulations on not being pregnant anymore, and even more so on having such a darling little guy!
We are definitely experiencing "Joy in our Posterity!" Thanks to both of you. :)
Meg, congratulations! He's an adorable little baby, and I can tell Macy loves him :) I love seeing your family and hearing from you. I love you and miss you!!
Congrats! He is a cutie, and I love that hair! Can't wait to get him and Grayson together!
Congratulations! He is so handsome and I really would love to come see you gusy and your new baby sometime in the future. I'm glad that you made it to the hospital in time. We are super duper excited for you guys!!
Congrats!!! I love all his hair!!
Congratulations! He is so adorable!
congratulations! i had to laugh a little to myself when i saw the two of them in their bouncers. bella LOVES her bouncer and uses it as a chair all the time. i've been wondering if we should just get a second one for #2. i think my question is answered, haha. sounds like you're doing well! :) and i hope that i can have an "easy" labor, okay short, like you. :)
Post a Comment